- MedPAC Forecasts a 4.2% Decrease in Medicare Margins for LTACHs and Proposes 2010 Payment Rate Increase;
- Why Recessionary Pressures and State Medicaid Cuts Will Create a Challenging Environment for Many LTACHs in 2009;
- The Commonwealth Foundation Launches Hospital Comparison Website;
- Medicare Recovery Audit Contractor Update;
- Recent Transactions and Upcoming Events;
- Poll Results; and
- A sneak preview of February Newsletter topics.
The Commonwealth Foundation Launches Hospital Comparison Website Providing Quality Statistics on Many LTACHs
The Commonwealth Foundation (Foundation), a private health care foundation supporting independent research on health policy reform, launched a website providing hospital performance data on two dozen measures of recommended care. The website allows both health care providers and consumers to conduct side-by-side comparisons of over 4,500 hospitals, including many LTACHs, with similar characteristics, such as region, ownership, size, and type. The website, however, does not allow users to limit their facility-type search to LTACHs. Read More...